Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Asia's Dark Past

Here's a shockingly bizzare pic I found in The Singapore Story, an autobiography by one of the world's greatest statesmen, the much respected former Prime Minister of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew.

It shows a World War II, occupation
Jap torturer torturing his prisoner. The victim could be either an Asian or European.

Think about this-why do Asians treat fellow Asians so cruelly? The
invading victorious Japs were unusually brutal in South-east Asia, torturing and killing hundreds by chopping heads, burning or shooting and even many babies were bayoneted. Germ warfare experiments were also conducted and perfected on Asians in China, maiming or killing thousands.

What else have I got? This is a pencil-traced image of a copper coin I stumbled across while I was doing voluntary work at a former dreaded Japanese Kempeti interrogation centre which is supposedly haunted as well.

The coin was in part of the building's disused old sewage system. I discovered it when I fell from my tall ladder which seemed to have moved sideways one day at dusk. I landed on top of the sewage cover.

There's an image of a dragon on one side and on the other side are the words
copper coin. Do click to enlarge.

I've done an extensive search on the net on this coin but so far, I haven't been too successful. If you know anything more about such a coin, please tell me.

Looking at this coin, I guess I got paid for my work ... from beyond ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this historical stuffs...even though it is history but this things did happended and should not be forgotten. One will never know when history will repeat itself.