Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Memorable Voices



"We cannot depend on an alliance of angels to defend the free world."
-David Rockefeller, 1980.










"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies."
-Sir Winston Churchill
Former great British Prime Minister


Quand le deffaut du Soleil lors sera.
Sur le plain jour le monstre sera veu:
Tout autrement on l'interpretera,

Cherte n'y aura pourveu.
-Century III, Q 34.


"Look, I don't like to kill people, but I've killed Arabs. Maybe I'll tell you a story. A car came towards us, in the middle of the [Lebanese] war, without a white flag. Five minutes before another car had come, and there were four Palestinians with RPGs in it-killed three of my friends. So this new Peugeot comes towards us, and we shoot. And there was a family there-three children. And I cried, but I couldn't take the chance. It's a real problem... Children, father, mother. All the family was killed, but we couldn't take the chance."
-Gaby Bashan, Israeli reservist (severely wounded in Lebanon, 1982)

No comments: