Sunday, October 7, 2007

Chinese Horoscope

It is believed that the Chinese horoscope dates back to thousands of years. I haven't done any research on it but I can say that what is written regarding human traits, characters and the fates of each person can be amazingly accurate.

I used to be a doubting Thomas. That was till the day certain warnings and significant signs became ominously clear. Yet, even when we were forewarned, Fate could not be averted. Well, at least we could be prepared... if we have a good memory!

I'm just rambling on about an accident back in the 1980s that happened to me. The Chinese horoscope was warning about certain colours and objects I needed to avoid in the following week from the reading date.

I heard about it from my late dad who believed in this mumbo-jumbo and could read Chinese. Typically, like many others, I ignored it and forgot all about it until one fateful day when I was involved in a truly bad incident.

I smashed my reddish Yamaha motor-bike up, crashing into a huge red garbage bin! Then a snarling and gnashing ugly black Doberman attacked me!

Yes, I recalled at that moment in time I had been forewarned to beware of the colours red and black, a heavy object and an animal.

No comments: