Monday, December 13, 2010

Australia ...18 Roadkills Update

In going through my notes about my time in Australia, I need to add in more "spice" to my story earlier. Yes, I have not forgotten to say more about the encounters with the profesional cops...
Observations made during the trip ...
The roads from Perth to Sydney were prone to flooding and on two separate occasions I had to drive through flooded roads. The most nerve-wrecking moment for me was when I drove along a road not too far from Broken Hill towards Sydney with my co-driver fast asleep and I saw a warning sign of possible flooding in some parts of it but decided to throw all caution to the wind as it was a balmy hot day with a bright sun up in the heavens and went at maximum 110km/hour cruise speed ... saw some slow movement of a huge truck and four-wheel drive ahead ... hit the brakes and before I knew it ... our vehicle was in sock-high flooded water! The other drivers stared at us as we hit the water with a splash and I realised then that they were possibly concerned about falling over the road into the gully below or a sinkhole perhaps!

No comments: